Even though occasional cases of acid reflux are common, some people experience a burning sensation and bloating constantly whenever they eat something. Let’s first quickly define acid reflux and describe its symptoms, including heartburn, before talking about the ways to prevent it. The lower esophageal sphincter in your body, when works properly, prevents stomach acid from flowing backward.
If it malfunctions, it can result in acid reflux. If this happens, partially digested food along with the stomach acid can escape from your stomach and enters the esophagus. You experience heartburn when you have acid reflux. Some of the other common symptoms of heartburn include chest pain, hoarseness, coughing, and a sour taste in your mouth. Websites like Acid Reflux Warrior, could be a great help to you in your journey to get rid of acid reflux.
How You Should Prevent Acid Reflux?
- Maintaining a good diet can help prevent acid reflux. Besides, a certain type of meal can help you prevent acid reflux. Which meals can you eat to avoid acid reflux? In order to lessen the possibility of reflux, consume more green leafy vegetables, egg whites, non-citrus fruits, healthy fats, and oatmeal. It is also essential to keep your body hydrated to prevent acid reflux.
- You must avoid spicy and oily food to prevent problems like acid reflux. Apart from this drinking alcohol and caffeinated beverages can cause acid reflux. Hence, it is important to stay away from them.
- Prefer small meals over large meals for easy digestion and preventing acid reflux.
- Wear loose clothes for preventing problems like this because wearing tight clothes can put pressure on your stomach which might lead to acid reflux sometimes.
- Maintain a healthy body weight to avoid problems like acid reflux. If you are overweight, try to lose weight by making some changes in your diet.
If you still experience acid reflux even after following all these tips, do contact your doctor!